We are looking for a talented and skillful user-interface designer with graphical design experience for a one-to-three-month project. The ideal candidate will help craft and shape a brand-new video-streaming mobile app that has a fully integrated retail store component for a small start-up company. He or she will be able to thrive in a remote, small-team setting and have an eye for clean, minimalist, and elegant design. Although there is some preexisting documentation to draw upon, including wireframes and use cases, there is the freedom to make deliberate design decisions and to fashion a style guide that will be used throughout the application. Finalized wireframes, user flows, and rapid prototyping will also be a necessity.
- Be a great team player that is able to collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Execute all visual design stages, from concept to final hand-off.
- Create, improve, and deploy wireframes, style guides, user flows, and rapid prototypes.
- Ability to present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables.
- Proactive, independent working style.
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record (with video-streaming apps, in particular, a plus).
- Must be able to thrive in a small-team setting, where multiple hats are worn and with minimal supervision.
- Strong working knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI.
- Hands-on graphical design experience and fluency with fundamental design principles (such as color theory and visual weight).
- Be open to receiving objective criticism, improving upon it, and professionally offering the same to others on the team.
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions.
- Outstanding written and verbal-communication skills, and the ability to present work to various stakeholders.
- Strong portfolio to be presented during interview.
- Bachelor of arts in design or relevant field is a plus.
To be a best fit for this project, you need:
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Dedication to meet project deadlines in a timely manner.
- Attention to details.
- Willingness to sign an NDA.
Please provide your fee requirements along with your resume.