We’re looking for a talented UX /UI Designer to help us design and build beautiful Shopify Plus e-commerce stores for a diverse range of forward-thinking brands. This is a critical part of our production team, responsible for pushing the user experience forward and making key decisions on design through every stage of the process. We're looking for a creative person with a great eye for design and a can-do attitude.
We Make Websites is the Shopify Plus agency for international brands. Our team of 90+ design, develop and optimize e-commerce websites for some of the world’s most exciting DTC and heritage brands. Brands we work with include Hasbro, Good American, A.P.C, Alessi, Pangaia, and Levi's.
About the role
As a UX / UI Designer, you'll be working as part of a cross-functional team of Developers, Product Owners, and Agile Scrum Masters, to design best-in-class e-commerce websites.
You’ll have excellent research and problem-solving skills. You’ll also have experience creating compelling customer journeys that help clients deliver relevant and engaging customer experiences that maximize conversions and drive sales. Most importantly, you’ll have an astute ability to articulate and justify your design decisions, whilst drawing on customers and team members to iteratively refine ideas and prototypes.
- Create e-commerce designs with a mobile-first approach for a diverse range of forward-thinking brands.
- Create working prototypes to define interactions and animations.
- Conducting user research and user testing to validate design decisions.
- Work closely with the Head of Design to create best-in-class e-commerce experiences.
- Document intended functionality, behaviours and interactions in collaboration with the project team to produce a technical specification.
- Seeking ways to enhance the e-commerce experience of our websites – focusing on mobile, responsive design and performance.
- Proactively pushing the level of quality in both thinking and execution.
- Collaborating with our development team to create high-quality front-ends that function beautifully on all devices.
- Working with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to deliver design work on time and within budget.
- Presenting your work to clients alongside the Product Owner, explaining user journeys to multiple stakeholders.
- Performing design reviews on your projects to ensure the quality of build matches what you and the client envisaged.
What we're looking for
- You’ll have 3+ years experience working as a designer in the digital space.
- You’ll have expert knowledge of Figma.
- You’ll have strong knowledge of UX/UI with experience in wireframing customer journeys, prototyping and user testing.
- You’ll have a sound understanding of cross-browser, SEO, accessibility and usability design for the web.
- Pixel perfect attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over quality.
- You’ll have a keen interest in e-commerce and the types of clients we attract: fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food, and innovative FMCG.
- You’ll relish the chance to help our clients solve challenging problems.
- You’ll be organized and have excellent attention to detail.
- You will be passionate about all things tech, digital and design.
- You’ll be comfortable with the concept of change and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll have exceptional communication skills and be comfortable discussing your work with team members and clients.
- You’ll be a smart, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude!
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform.
- Experience designing e-commerce websites. You’ll have a good understanding of common e-commerce UX patterns.
- Relevant experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in digital media design (or similar).
- Although this is not a development role, knowledge of LIQUID (Shopify's templating language) would be a bonus.
Beyond a competitive salary, we offer benefits that will push your career forward and improve your wellbeing. We're flexible and digital-first, which means better benefits and higher performance. You decide if you prefer to work from your home or the office.
Perform at your best
- Unlimited home-office spend
- Unlimited training budget
- New MacBook Pro
- Access to a local office or co-working space
- Company get-togethers in London at least once a year, all expenses paid
- Regular socials: to keep our teams connected, to celebrate our wins, and sometimes… well, just because!
- Clear promotion paths for those who excel, including managerial and individual contributor routes
- Regular 1-to-1 support incl. informal monthly reviews and biannual pay reviews
- Monthly elected MVP + prizes'
Work that fits your lifestyle
- 15 days vacation paid + your birthday off + 6 public holidays + 1 extra day per year [US employees]
- 15 days vacation paid + your birthday off + 10 public holidays + 1 extra day per year [Canadian employees]
- Generous private dental and healthcare plans with 100% cover [US employees]
- Flexible working hours, including daytime appointments (for health, wellness, life admin etc)
- No-questions-asked personal days (sick, personal, time off)
- 3 paid days for volunteering and charity work
- Ubereats/Deliveroo monthly lunch allowance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.
Applications should include portfolios that showcase a strong selection of responsive, desktop/tablet/mobile landing pages, e-commerce design and app design.
Apply using the button below and take a big step forward in your career.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/we-make-websites-ux-ui-designer