Senior Software Developer, Backend/ML, Growth
As a Backend Engineer on the team, you’ll be building out the product, helping design and implement new features, and helping drive the product direction to make sure we solve the right user problems, and find innovative ways to delight our customers. You’ll collaborate with an integrated team of talented engineers, designers, pms and data scientists to break down complex problems, experiment quickly, and build things at internet scale.
Our team is focused on accelerating Hopper’s user growth, which until now has been primarily through high-volume paid advertising. Now, we’re looking to build new products in our app that will help us activate, retain and acquire new users at scale. We’ll be testing a wide range of new ideas, from redesigning the onboarding, to building gamification, flash sales, team buying, and other experimental features. Overall, our goal is to pair Hopper’s world-class travel marketplace with the growth and retention mechanisms inspired by mobile games, super-apps, and category-leading retailers.
Note: this role requires working hours of Eastern Time (EST) or Europe Timezone
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
– Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
– The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
– Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
– Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
– Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
– Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
We are a part of the Go Remotely group, specialized in recruiting anywhere in the world.