Miles Partnership is a full-service marketing consultancy focused exclusively on travel and tourism. Today we work with more than 130 destinations, hospitality businesses and other travel brands to deliver forward-thinking print and digital content-marketing solutions. We are a team of travel experts and travel enthusiasts, united in the belief that travel improves lives and strengthens communities. Our team members are passionate, open, curious and collaborative in order to have a lasting, positive impact on our clients and each other.
JOB SUMMARY OF A SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER:
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for translating design direction provided by a Creative or Art Director into a compelling visual language for new and existing print, digital, and video products for Miles Partnership’s clients.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A design professional that thrives in a fast-paced professional environment (virtually and in person).
- The ability to adapt to evolving client needs.
- Forward thinking, with a mindset for data-driven decision-making.
- Passion for design, with an eagerness to learn from others and to contribute to a team environment.
- Someone who enjoys exploring new trends in design and technology.
- Bravery in bringing creative ideas to the table.
- Passion about solving business problems through design and communication.
- Critical thinking and the ability to use creative problem-solving skills to execute projects.
- Dependability, with a strong work ethic.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER:
- Implements high-quality travel-marketing layouts and designs for print products (including but not limited to multi-page guides, magazine inserts, and marketing materials) and digital products (including but not limited to banner ads, emails, and websites).
- Prepares and finalizes print design files appropriately for the printer.
- Prepares designs for review by the rest of the team.
- Performs photo collections for general use and/or specific needs, knowing where to look for relevant and dynamic photography.
- Creates conceptual design ideas against print and digital specifications, and effectively presents those ideas internally.
- Conducts research to develop unique concepts for clients.
- Creates final deliverables for distribution in media (production design).
- Assists in development of campaign concepts.
- Performs color correction/photo manipulation and compositing.
- Designs and build HTML5 digital ads.
- Location: This is a Remote position. We are open to a remote candidate located anywhere in the US.
- BA, BFA preferred. Relevant experience will be considered.
- 1–3 years of print and interactive design work experience; at least 3 years of experience working in cross-functional teams within an agency.
- Diverse design portfolio displaying thoughtfully crafted graphics, a variety of typography, and simple, clean, compelling design.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of design principles.
- Working knowledge in the latest versions of applicable programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Procreate, etc.
- Ability to manage own workflow while coordinating with project teams and management on schedules, requirements, goals, and assignments as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret print and digital specs.
- Firm knowledge of color formulas and conversions.
- Firm knowledge of image resolution and scale.
- Firm knowledge of file formats and uses (eps/jpeg/tiff/psd) etc.
- Culturally Competent
- Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Financial Management
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
- Trustworthy, reliable, and ethical
- Time Management
- Conflict Management
$28.85 - $31.25 per hour DOE
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision
- 401k matching contribution
- Generous paid time off compensation
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid volunteer opportunities and company supported charitable events
- Collaborative, creative and fun team environment with professional growth opportunities