Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Hi All! We are looking for an industrial designer to help develop our medical grade 24/7 heart monitor. HelpWear is currently creating the HeartWatch, a clinical grade continuous wearable ECG monitoring system worn on the bicep for further prevention and better treatment of heart-related illness.
The HeartWatch is comprised of different sets of sensors, filtering systems and microcontrollers. The physical product is a wearable device that collects data from a variety of biometric sensors which is processed by a microcontroller and then sent to us for further signals processing and insight collection. The physical product includes the HeartWatch enclosure and an adjustable strap.
- Formal education (in progress, completed or equivalent experience) in Industrial Design
- Experience in Product Design
- Experience with wearable products (preferred)
- Great 2D and 3D visualization skills (sketching either on paper or digitally)
- Experience integrating electronics with soft goods and connectors
- Outside the box thinking
- Must be able to work independently
- Candidates must provide a relevant work portfolio - link or PDF
Develop product concept sketches for the HeartWatch industrial design. We are looking for eye-catching, unique, functional designs that are not commonly seen in the market for wearable devices. The focus of the design should be on the HeartWatch enclosure, however some concepts may reinvent the soft components as well.
Detailed size specifications and product requirements will be provided.
Consider usability for the basic tasks that the product requires.
Product sketches (multiple alternatives) showing different views of the device - front, side, top, ISO
- feel free to produce as many detail / additional sketches as desired
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Following the interview, successful candidates will sign an NDA prior to receiving specifications and more information about the product.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/contra-industrial-designer-at-helpwear