Headquarters: Lisbon, Portugal
About CoW Protocol
CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficientvenue for exchanging assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have passed $15bn (yes, billion) in trade volume, and become the 4th most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- now we're aiming for #1. If you are a high-performing team player who wants to work on some of the most important problems in Ethereum (MEV protection, batch auctions, and more), we want to talk to you!
Location: We are a fully remote team and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be based in Europe or remote +/- 3 hours CEST time
Position: Full-time contractor
About the role
We are looking for a Data Engineering Lead, to support our data team and help our product, business, and marketing teams make better data-driven decisions. You will lead and build the data team and work with engineers and product specialists across the company to help us compile, analyze and visualize relevant data about our product and relevant market trends.
This is a brand-new position. You will have a unique opportunity to help scale the data team, build the process, as well as to be hands-on. Don't miss it!
What you’ll do
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to inform product and business decisions and marketing content.
- Help the data team to grow, plan and prioritize their initiatives for maximum impact across the company.
- Together with experienced engineers on the team, architect and build our data engineering infrastructure for long-term sustainability and success.
- Proactively suggest new types of data that provide relevant insights to the product/business/marketing team.
- Proactively observe and present trends and new insights to the wider team.
- Ensure easy access to relevant data trends for all team members.
- Connect with the Ethereum community, follow trends and stay up to date about new analytical tools that help extract relevant data from Ethereum.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data-gathering techniques.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience, partly in a leadership role
- Someone hands-on, who can lead a team, as well as do coding
You are obsessed with numbers and a strong believer in data-driven decision making
- Familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Proficiency in querying databases and using statistical computer languages (SQL, GraphQL, Pandas, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Dune Analytics, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders (BI)
- Excellent communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, yet also able to multi-task and work independently.
What we can offer you
Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space;
- Competitive compensation and a stake in the success of the project;
Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team;
Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem;
Learning budget to support your higher ambitions;
- Impact: If you are joining a startup, and you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
But most importantly - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you love taking the initiative and getting things done, there are a lot of opportunities for you at CoW Protocol. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/cow-protocol-data-engineering-lead