Software Engineer III
Headquarters: Reston, VA
Babel Street is seeking a backend Software Engineer to join our fast-paced software engineering group! In this role, you will write microservices in C# .NET to process large amounts of data. You will build and maintain databases with millions and sometimes billions of records. You will face many challenges as you extend our existing capabilities and design new systems. You will produce world class software that empowers users to search through and analyze large amounts of data. You will be a key player on a collaborative scrum team, and you will make a difference on exciting challenges.
• Collect and process large volumes of data at scale
• Design and implement backend microservices
• Design, build, and maintain databases used by microservices
• Explore new technologies and identify ways they can be utilized
• Monitor and respond to events driven by metrics and logs for software running 24/7
• 5+ years Enterprise Software Development experience
• Strong knowledge of C# .NET
• Experience writing T-SQL, including stored procedures and table design
• Experience building and maintaining backend services
• Beneficial experience: NUnit, tSQLt, Cloud Based Services (AWS preferred), NoSQL Databases (ElasticSearch, Solr, etc), REST services, Queuing Technologies (Rabbit, Kafka), Service Fabric, Containers (including Docker), Microservices
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to work independently and within a full team
• Experience working in an agile based methodology
Education & Experience:
About Babel Street:
Babel Street is the world’s leading AI-enabled data-to-knowledge company. Our technology allows customers to rapidly discover and decipher the insights they need to empower their missions, regardless of origin, language or platform. Babel Street’s patented analytics software transforms large volumes of multilingual, public or private data from around the world into relevant insights for our customers through AI-enabled, cross-lingual, conceptual and persistent search and state-of-the-art linguistics technology. With Babel Street, governments and organizations empower their teams with critical and timely insights on a single pane of glass for immediate analysis, action, and mission success. Babel Street serves as a force multiplier for customers to uncover threats and opportunities – known and unknown, foreign or domestic, physical or cyber – and ultimately, to make the world a safer, more prosperous place. Babel Street is privately held and is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, with offices in London, Canberra and Ottawa. For more information, visit www.babelstreet.com and check out our Overview Video!
Benefits at Babel Street (just to name a few...)
Babel Street is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Babel Street will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination. In addition, Babel Street's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request, we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.