CSAA Insurance Group (CSAA IG), a AAA insurer, is one of the top personal lines property and casualty insurance groups in the U.S. Our employees proudly live our core beliefs and fulfill our enduring purpose to help members prevent, prepare for and recover from life's uncertainties, and we're proud of the culture we create together.
As we commit to progress over perfection, we recognize that every day is an opportunity to be innovative and adaptable. At CSAA IG, we hire good people for a brighter tomorrow. We are actively hiring for an Staff Software Engineer. Join us and support CSAA IG in achieving our goals.
As we commit to progress over perfection, we recognize that every day is an opportunity to be innovative and adaptable. At CSAA IG, we hire good people for a brighter tomorrow. We are actively hiring for an Oracle Developer. Join us and support CSAA IG in achieving our goals.
This role will be responsible for the development and delivery of software in support of business capabilities and the foundational needs of the overall solution. Additionally this role will provide technical expertise and mastery to deliver high-quality software and employs software engineering methods in the delivery of the same. Responsible for achieving high degrees of automation using well-established DevOps and Agile practices working with Product managers, business partners, and other technology practitioners (Software Engineers, QA Engineers, Technical Analysts, as well as Solution Architects).
- Serves as a lead software engineering resource on the Digital Engineering team while building CSAA's next generation of customer-facing web & mobile applications.
- Leads the design, delivery, and maintenance of large-scale and complex software applications within a specific technology or application area.
- Works with stakeholders to design and deliver clear, pragmatic solutions with applicability to meet immediate business needs.
- Develops clear and complete design artifacts as needed to illustrate Digital Engineering technology.
- Advises teams during design sessions, implementation planning, code reviews, and troubleshooting for all Digital applications.
- Understands and communicates tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Stays up-to-date on new technologies and methodologies, and continuously seeks opportunities to expand skills and knowledge.
- Collaborates with Leads and Architects to establish a technical vision for various projects and experiences.
- Proactively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions that improve the team's software, making it better and easier to maintain.
- Is an integral voice in establishing and evangelizing DevOps practices to optimize team efficiency.
- Participates in recruiting, hiring, and mentoring exceptional software engineering talent.
- Works closely with other functional teams including Integrations, Policy Administration, Claim Administration, and Product to solve complex integration challenges.
- Ensures that technical solutions are aligned with Enterprise Architecture and applications and systems are built for uninterrupted availability, meet performance requirements, future extensibility, multiple system integrations, long-term growth, and low-maintenance support.
- Mentors and coaches more junior Engineers.
What would make us excited about you?
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, deliverables, and timelines.
- Ability to develop technical solutions based on requirements from product, technology, and support teams.
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and comfortable working in a virtual environment.
- Ability to participate in the interview process and help your team train and mentor interns and apprentices.
- Experience using unit testing frameworks.
- Experience using code analysis tools such as PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs, and Sonar.
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web services.
- Experience with fully automated QA (TDD, BDD, Performance, Security, Integration/Compatibility, Regression, and Functional Testing), API-Driven Development and systems design, Engineering Best-Practices, Designing/Developing in a cloud-based environment.
- Experience supporting complex systems with significant integration points and external third-party systems through APIs.
- Strong customer relationship, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation and listening communication skills.
- Effective decision-making skills, even under pressure and while lacking all of the desired detail.
- Deep understanding of Object-oriented design principles and other design patterns (e.g. MVC, serverless, etc.).
- Experience with performance optimization techniques.
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Demonstrated mastery of software development best practices, including code standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Working experience of Cloud architectures, services, and DevOps practices within AWS.
- Understanding of front-end technologies including experience with React, Typescript, and Node.js.
- Experience with open-source user authentication tools and methods.
- Experience with log management and user monitoring tools.
- 5+ years' successful professional experience in the design, delivery, and support of complex projects across web platforms & mobile applications.
- 2+ years' deep and direct hands-on experience with the specific technologies used in the teams' systems/solutions.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.); Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Shows respect for differences through excellent communication skills with people from an array of backgrounds.
- Preferred qualifications
- Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. CSAA IG is a place where everyone can grow. So , however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if you meet most of the requirements (not all) and this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
CSAA IG Careers
At CSAA IG, we're proudly devoted to protecting our customers, our employees, our communities, and the world at large. We are on a climate journey to continue to do better for our people, our business, and our planet. Taking bold action and leading by example. We are citizens for a changing world, and we continually change to meet it.
Join us if you
- BELIEVE in a mission focused on building a community of service , rooted in inclusion and belonging.
- COM M IT to being there for our customers and employees.
- CREATE a sense of purpose that serves the greater good through innovation.
Recognition: We offer a total compensation package, performance bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so much more! Read more about what we offer and what it is like to be a part of our dynamic team at: Benefits (aaa.com)
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join CSAA IG : remote, hybrid, or in-person. Submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox and/or your spam folder to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact .
As part of our values, we are committed to supporting inclusion and diversity at CSAA IG . We actively celebrate colleagues' different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and gender. Everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.
We are always recruiting, retaining, and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the U.S. workforce. The diversity of our team fosters a broad range of ideas and enables us to design and deliver a wide array of products to meet customers' evolving needs.
CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
The national average salary range for this position is $126,000-$140,000 . However, we have a location-based compensation structure. Our salary ranges vary and are calculated based on county of residence. The full salary range hourly rate range for this position across all the states we hire in is $113,490-$168,000. This role also includes an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), of up to 10% of eligible pay.
If you apply and are selected to continue in the recruiting process, we will schedule a preliminary call with you to discuss the role and will disclose during that call the available salary/hourly rate range based on your location. Factors used to determine the actual salary offered may include location, experience, or education.
Please note we are hiring for this role remote anywhere in the United States with the exception of California, Hawaii and Alaska.