Global Director of Engineering & CTO
Headquarters: New York, NY
Momentum Design Lab helps fast paced technology startups, emerging software companies, and big tech to solve high impact business challenges through digital experience design. Our engagements span user/customer research, product strategy, design, and software development. We are customer experience obsessed, blending both digital product and service design to create experiences that are innovative and transformative to their organisations and their customers. Our approaches are versatile so each project may be unique in workflow and deliverables; from innovation sprints to extensive design thinking exercises, we adapt to meet the ever changing needs of the customer.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Director of Engineering & CTO to oversee our development teams in both the UK and US. You will have the opportunity to contribute and lead the execution of the development of multiple projects concurrently. Our client list is wide and varied, providing our team a wide variety of exciting challenges. Working closely with key stakeholders (Solutions Architect, Dir. of UX, etc.), you will be accountable for the staffing, allocation, development process and structuring our development team for growth. This is a highly mission critical role that gives you wide reaching impact and influence throughout the organisation. This position is a global role but can be based out of our UK or US offices. Some travel to the offices in South East Europe, UK and the US will be required.
In addition to that you'd be the core driver on a large account in a CTO capacity for Momentum. The CTO makes all executive decisions with regard to the technological interests of this client. Responsible for outlining the technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the clients business needs.
● Expand out Momentum’s global engineering offering.
● Provide continual leadership for the engineering and QA teams.
● Manage execution of multiple engineering projects concurrently.
● Define resources needs and staff the engineering and QA teams.
● Adapt and drive best practices to improve efficiency of the engineering and QA
● Assist with and resolve client escalated software engineering issues.
● Work with key members of the executive team to define and drive technical strategy
and engineering group direction to achieve company goals.
● Stay current on advancements in web and mobile technologies.
● Develop technical aspects of the client's strategy to ensure alignment with its
● Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
● Help departments use technology profitably.
● Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
● Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
● Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
● Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
● Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
● At least 10 years experience in a managerial leadership role in an software development company.
● Solid hands-on technical understanding and grasp of software development methodologies and tools.
● Good working knowledge of current Web Technologies.
● Mobile Technologies (Native and Hybrid).
● Experience in building and leading QA teams and methodologies.
● Experience recruiting and managing remote team members.
● Experience leading outside vendors and 3rd party contractors.
● Ability to work with business users, project managers, UX/UI designers and account
managers to execute on our project commitments.
● Experience managing 10+ member teams in a software delivery with an organization.
● Skills in complex problem solving, judgement, critical thinking and decision making.
● Ability to develop teams, strategies, and build relationships across organization.
● Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
● Some cracking success stories in the world of digital product.
● Experience working in a Service Provider or Professional Services environment.
● Experience with both Unified Process and Agile methodologies (AgileUP & Scrum).
● Experience building Services/API(s) and Mobile Applications.
● Experience with Enterprise Environments (SOA, ESB, etc.).
● Excellent understanding of two or more popular backend/middleware languages like NET, Java, PHP, nodejs.
● BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
● 10+ years in overall software engineering design and development experience.
Why Work for us:
● Core Contribution—Small team means big impact. Every team member’s contribution has a tremendous impact on the project and our clients.
● Hybrid working available for in the office and from home (if applicable).
● Subsidised travel.
● Bonus Scheme.
● Autonomy—Our staff own their work and you will have autonomy over how to get it done.
● Great company culture with fantastic team culture, growing at a nice pace.
This is a global role and would cover our UK and US office needs. Our online or in person collaborations and interactions make up a key part of the team ethos. Each person has a voice and a role to play in our growth.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/momentum-design-lab-global-director-of-engineering-cto
We are a part of the Go Remotely group, specialized in recruiting anywhere in the world.