Headquarters: United States
This role focuses on developing, maintaining, and supporting both client-side and server-side web sites at Creative Commons (CC).
- Develop, maintain, and support Creative Commons’s websites (ex. creativecommons.org, network.creativecommons.org, certificates.creativecommons.org)
- WordPress gutenberg blocks, plugins, and themes
- Integrate with and improve CC’s design system (Vocabulary)
- Maintain a working knowledge of other programming languages in use at CC (ex. Bash, Python)
- Deploy and manage infrastructure as code (IaC) (ex. Docker, GitHub Actions)
- Design and UI/UX experience is not required, but is nice to have (ex. Figma)
Project Management and Collaboration
- Manage key projects (ex. CC Vocabulary, CC WordPress Plugins & Themes)
- Participate in oncall rotation
- Provide support (ex. GitHub Pull Request reviews) and coverage for team members
- Mentor work program contributors (ex. Google Summer of Code, Outreachy)
- Champion working transparently in the open and contributing to a welcoming and supportive community
- Champion free/libre and open source software (FOSS)
We believe that diverse teams build better organizations and better services. Applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including those from under-represented communities, are very welcome. Creative Commons works openly as part of a global community, guided by collaboratively developed codes of conduct and anti-harassment policies.
Work Environment & Location
Creative Commons has been a fully-distributed organization since 2015— we have no central office. This position is in a remote working environment. You must be located United States or Canada. You must have reasonable mobility for necessary global travel (when travel is permitted), and high-speed broadband access. A laptop and peripherals are supplied.
Salary & Benefits
Creative Commons is a leading non-profit employer, offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health and wellness plans, annual retirement contributions, and a positive, supportive work environment. The base salary range for this position is $65,000 to $80,000 USD, commensurate with relevant skills and experience.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter & resume as a single PDF to “email@example.com” with the subject heading of “Full Stack/ [Last Name].” No phone calls, please.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/creative-commons-full-stack-engineer