If you love the freedom of the gig-based lifestyle, but crave the security of a regular income, we can offer you the best of both worlds.
Zoomforth is an intuitive design software that allows our enterprise customers to create interactive, trackable and secure microsites for all kinds of use case.
We're looking for a talented designer, with strong visual design and UX/UI chops, to join the team.
As a born collaborator, you'll be liaising with staff and clients on all kinds of microsite projects, designing site mocks in Figma, and advising on design best practice, to enable our customers to get the best from our platform.
As a contractor, you'll be paid a monthly retainer, will be free to work wherever you like, with hours to suit, and you'll even get a few company perks! You'll also be working with some of the most innovative, kind and supportive people in tech.
Sound like your kind of thing? Read on!
🌎 Remote Working | 🕑 Flexible Hours | 💛 Monthly Retainer & Perks
- Zoomforth is a web design software. So we need to constantly demonstrate best practice, build new templates, and show our customers how they can use our software to create beautiful digital experiences.
- Moreover, we often support our customers when they need help, either because they don't have designers on staff, or because they're looking for our expertise on a high-priority or high-visibility project. Much like Squarespace Specialists or Certified Wordpress Developers, at Zoomforth we need our own group of expert designers who can support our customers' needs (as well as our own internal needs, from time to time) and make our product shine.
- This role would involve working with the Customer Success and Design teams, as well as our customers. There will be opportunities to lead projects, exercise your creativity, set best practices for our work, and make our customer design processes more effective.
Skills & experience
- Stellar UX, information architecture, and visual design chops: you make the internet pretty. You know how to not only craft beautiful web design, but you also understand how and why to architect information so it resonates with viewers, and inspires action.
- Ability to turn thoughtful questions into clear plans and instructions. You'll need to scope projects with clients and brief participating designers on how to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
- Design process & systems thinking: We need someone who understands the design process from end-to-end, the different stakeholders involved.
- Knowledge of web usability: Accessibility standards, optimizing layouts and call-to-actions, legibility, information hierarchy.
- A portfolio you can share that exhibits real work examples of style guides, UI design, landing pages, and/or brand work.
- Knowledge of Figma, Asana and Slack would be an advantage, as these are our main communication and project tools.
- Strong team and client relationship skills: you'll be working with communicative and engaged colleagues, as well as customers who are placing their confidence in Zoomforth.
- $25-60/hr base (depending on location and experience)
- Guaranteed hours (up to a max 35 per week - by negotiation)
- Remote working - work from wherever you like
- Flexible hours - work whatever hours suit you best
- Expense allowance of $75 to spend on wellbeing
- Expense allowance of $25 /month to spend on books
- 1.5 days per month - paid time off
- Holiday bonus
- Opportunities to travel and join our retreats (optional)